We are currently recruiting for standing members to join our Quality Standards Advisory Committee (QSAC) to support delivery of the library quality standards topics. We are looking to appoint a number of standing members with the following backgrounds/expertise:
- Audit and measurement professional. For example professionals involved in audit, measurement and service improvement
- Primary care professional. For example a general practitioner
- Secondary care practitioners. For example doctors, nurses, or allied health professionals, in secondary care.
- Public health practitioners. For example those from local authorities, and PHE regional teams.
- Commissioners of health, public health and social care services. For example those from clinical commissioning groups or local authorities and those with experience of service redesign to improve quality and outcomes for people with care and support needs.
- Safety expert. For example people who take a lead in addressing issues of relating to risk and safety, for example risk managers and safeguarding leads
NICE’s quality standards are central to supporting the Government’s vision for a health and social care system focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for people who use services. Derived from NICE guidance and other accredited sources, they are a concise set of prioritised statements designed to drive measurable quality improvements within a particular area of health or care and are becoming the backbone of the new commissioning system for health and social care.
If you have an interest in driving quality improvement in health, public health or social care, experience of working on committees and working groups, and highly developed interpersonal, communication and team working skills, then we would like to hear from you.
You will not be representing your organisation but will bring your expertise, experience and knowledge of current practice. The time commitment is one day a month, for a three year period, and your expenses will be reimbursed (if you are a general practitioner, locum cover will be covered).
Applications should be sent to Rick Keen at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 10 December 2018.
Details on how to apply can be found at https://www.nice.org.uk/get-involved/our-committees/join-a-committee/member–quality-standards-advisory-committee and information on NICE quality standards at www.nice.org.uk/standards-and-indicators.
You can also contact Chris Bird at NICE on email@example.com for more details about the programme.
The Quality Standards Team
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
Level 1A | City Tower | Piccadilly Plaza | Manchester M1 4BT | United Kingdom