Button batteries pose ‘deadly’ risk to toddlers

posted in: News | 0

The BBC reports:

Surgeons are warning of the potentially deadly risk posed to young children by button batteries.

If accidentally swallowed, the small, round batteries can get lodged in the oesophagus and burn a hole through its lining.

London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital has seen a big increase in cases in the past year.

Surgeon Kate Cross said: “Button batteries should be treated like poison and kept out of reach of children.”

Read more>

Leave a Reply