Benefits of membership
- Free subscription to the International Journal of Health Promotion and Education offering evidence based research, sector updates and current news. Six editions are produced each year, circulated free to our members, (cost to non-members is £225).
- A quarterly newsletter containing the latest news in health promotion and education. Helpful information is contained in a range of news items including forthcoming events, activities and resources. It has been designed to assist those engaged in health promotion and education-based work.
- Involvement in a community of health promoters from a wide range of professional groups. As well as networking opportunities at events and our Annual General Meting, IHPE is also actively involved with social media for online connection and exchange of information.
- Being able to contribute to advocacy and consultations. The Institute is committed to representing the views of health promotion specialists and health professionals engaged in health promotion and education. Members’ views are welcomed.
- Access to IHPE conferences and training events.
- Learning and development. The Institute supports the maintenance of professional standards within health promotion and education, through a variety of professional recognised courses and Centres of Excellence. Members may be entitled to receive an exclusive discount on those listed.
- Use of IHPE nomenclature
Fellow, full and associate members are entitled to use the post-nominal nomenclature FIHPE, MIHPE or AIHPE according to your membership category. This will provide you with the opportunity to differentiate your experience within the Health Promotion and Education community. E.g. John Smith BSc (Hons), MIHPE
- Voting rights and Council elections
Fellow, full and associate membership bestows full voting rights at the Annual General Meeting. In addition, you are eligible to stand in Council elections with the responsibility of guiding the Institute’s future strategy and shaping its impending success.