Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreysus has set out 5 main action areas for his period of office:
- Achieving universal health coverage
- Strengthening the capacity of national authorities and local communities to detect, prevent and manage health emergencies;
- Improving the health of and wellbeing of women, children and adolescents;
- addressing the health impacts of climate and environmental change;
- building a transformed and transparent WHO
I envision a world in which everyone can live healthy productive lives, regardless of who they are or where they live. I believe the global commitment to sustainable development – enshrined in the Sustainable Development Goals- offers a unique opportunity to address the social, economic and political determinants of health and improve the health and well being of people everywhere.
Read more: http://www.who.int/dg/tedros/en