s part of their public health remit, local authorities are responsible for commissioning alcohol and drug interventions and services. This joint strategic needs assessment (JSNA) support pack – updated annually and in its fifth year – will help local areas to develop JSNAs and local joint health and wellbeing strategies, which effectively address public health issues relating to alcohol, and drug use.
The pack covers three topics:
1. Alcohol harm prevention, treatment and recovery for adults
2. Drug prevention, treatment and recovery for adults
3. Young people’s alcohol and drug use.
For each of these topics, there are two documents:
1. A series of good practice evidence-based prompts to help local areas assess need, plan and commission effective services and interventions
2. Key data for each local area to help them commission effective prevention, treatment and recovery services and interventions.
The support pack documents can be downloaded here: http://www.nta.nhs.uk/healthcare-JSNA.aspx