The Faculty of Public Health (FPH) is launching a new public mental health award to be presented at the 2016 FPH Conference. It is especially interested in gathering case studies of local approaches where mental health has been made a public health or Health and Wellbeing Board strategy.
Entries need to demonstrate that they:
- Have taken a public health perspective on population mental health
- Have been creative and innovative, providing useful prototypes for further development;
- Can successfully demonstrate taking a proven public mental health intervention to scale
- Have shown how public mental health has been embedded in other fields of activity and has engaged with a wide range of participants
- Built a bridge between physical and mental/emotional health
- Provided a vehicle for raising awareness , sharing knowledge and increasing motivation about public mental health across the local system
- Provided helpful learning materials and/or have implications for research
Entries for the aware can be made via FPH Mental Health Award. The closing date for this year’s awards is December 12th.